Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder is seeking a Marketing Pursuit Leader to help lead our business development efforts within the East Division Water Market.
In this position, you will be responsible for supporting business development activities that include, but are not limited to, pursuit and capture planning, Request for Proposal analysis, proposal management and development, approach strategies, go/no-go decisions, short list presentations, and creation of graphics. In addition to the following credentials, our ideal candidate is a proactive problem solver, collaborative, and a strong overall cultural fit.
Preferred location for this position is Boston or Westborough, MA, but surrounding NE office locations will be considered.
The Water Pursuit Leader will be critical in managing, planning, and coordinating a variety of marketing activities to support Business Development in our key Water Market pursuits. Further responsibilities include:
- Participate in go/no-go decisions and base input on a systematic review of relevant facts and information
- Drive the proposal management and development process of diverse teams towards client-established deadlines and in compliance with client-set expectations
- Display creativity in applying graphics (such as photos, graphs, charts, tec.) to improve communication in written documents. Partner and give direction to the design team as needed
- Create and modify existing materials and write content to effectively communicate services, capabilities, and market messages
- Create, gather, research, and organize information from many sources to generate business development documents and presentations. Must synthesize disparate data from multiple sources into coherent documents
- Maintain marketing information systems. Assist in keeping resumes, project descriptions, and boilerplate information up-to-date
- Assist in developing proposal strategies that utilize Company’s strengths and innovative thinking to gain a competitive advantage
- 6-7 years of related experience with 3-4 years of professional marketing and/or sales experience in consulting engineering firm or related service business
- Experience in Water market is desirable
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office and Adobe Suite (Strong InDesign skills required)
- Experience with CRM is highly desirable; Deltek preferred
- Strong grammar, writing, and editing skills
- Bachelor’s degree (Business, Marketing, Journalism, Communications, Engineering and Science, or related field preferred
- Excellent grasp of marketing fundamentals, visual communications, and knowledge of theoretical and practical developments in the A/E/C industry
- Able to communicate effectively with a variety of people at different levels within the organization
- Customer service oriented
- Excellent project management and time management skills
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.