Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, architects, scientists and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ water, transportation, energy and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder is seeking a Wastewater Project Manager to join our growing Water team in Princeton, New Jersey.
This role is an excellent opportunity to grow a practice area including independently managing projects from $200k - $1 million. The successful candidate will be a detail-oriented individual with an engineering services background and strong written and verbal communication skills who understand the technical aspects of the jobs and how to keep them moving forward. The selected candidate will work in our team-oriented environment, primarily providing public sector clients with professional engineering services for wastewater infrastructure projects, including studies, design and construction administration. The selected candidate will have the opportunity to grow into a technical leadership or senior project manager role.
- Leads project teams, communicates with clients to successfully and profitably deliver wastewater projects to our clients on a consistent basis
- Coordinates work for contracts being managed including making certain budgets and schedules are met and work product meets client’s needs
- Targets and achieves results based goals, sets challenging goals, prioritizes tasks, overcomes obstacles, accepts accountability, sets team standards and responsibilities, provides leadership/motivation
- Provides Technical Leadership and guidance for staff
Minimum requirements for success in this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering – preferably Civil, Mechanical or Environmental
- Professional Engineering licensure for NJ
- Minimum 10 years’ experience providing technical management of wastewater treatment projects
- Ability and experience successfully communicating across internal and external teams and with contractors, regulators and clients
- In-depth knowledge of wastewater treatment processes and experience coordinating the various engineering disciplines involved in the design of wastewater treatment plant improvement projects.
- Excellent organizational, communication, computer and technical writing skills
- NJDEP experience is highly preferred
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.