Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder’s San Diego, CA office is looking for a Senior Civil Engineer to join our team.
We are seeking a highly motivated, energetic, experienced, and recognized civil engineer/manager, to lead a talented group of civil engineers in our San Diego, California office. Candidate must have a passion for the engineering profession and a desire to share that excitement with the local group as well as other civil engineers company-wide. This individual will also be tasked with leading and driving internal and external growth, through the development and maintenance of a solid backlog of civil infrastructure work.
Ideal candidate must have people management, advanced project management and practice building experience. Candidate must be able to demonstrate, through prior work history, examples of exceptional organizational and leadership skills and the ability to multi-task.
Responsibilities will include:
- Leading an existing team of civil engineers, including the ability to address human resources related items – reward and encouragement for work well done, addressing performance improvement, and maintaining a positive group culture and team environment.
- Leading local business development activities (with emphasis on site civil and transportation), and connecting with other Kleinfelder offices to maintain a solid level of workload, backlog and growth in the San Diego office.
- Growing a stormwater engineering practice (stormwater planning, hydrologic modeling, water quality studies and low impact and best management practice design), through focused marketing and strategic hires.
- Overseeing, training, and mentoring staff within the San Diego office and the Civil Infrastructure Practice on career growth, standards of practice, and problem solving. Candidate should have experience developing, teaching, mentoring and fostering junior staff to gain confidence and responsibility within the civil engineering profession.
- Leading technical teams and serving as a technical resource throughout the company. Routinely engage and direct other specialized technical staff to work on appropriate facets of a project, steward the project process, set project priorities and levels of effort.
- Representing Kleinfelder at client meetings, interviews, and various business development engagements.
Experience:Candidate must have 12 or more years of engineering experience and have demonstrated experience in a team leadership role or have a strong drive to become an effective team leader.
Education: Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering. A Master’s Degree or PMP certification is considered a plus.
Registration: Professional Engineering Registration in California is required. Candidate must be eligible for additional registrations in multiple states.
This position requires some travel. A valid driver's license and clean driving record is required.
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.