Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder is seeking an Environmental Inspector to join our Permitting & Planning team based out of our client’s office in Albany, NY.
As a Permitting Specialist, you will work in a team-oriented environment, helping to provide our client with permitting services on a diverse range of design, engineering and environmental projects and be expected to operate with a high degree of independence, self-direction and initiative.
Serving in a client-facing capacity, the successful candidate must have an, positive attitude and the ability to communicate effectively with project management, clients, regulators, contractors and sub-consultants.
This position entails E&S inspection activities on a large natural gas pipeline project.
Required Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in civil or environmental engineering, environmental science, natural resources, ecology or related field, and minimum 5-10 years plus of post-degree experience.
- Experience with Article VII and agricultural monitoring
- Excellent verbal, written, and technical communications; ability to review reports, procedures, and correspondence internally and externally for public agencies and for clients.
- Must be able to handle change, and be able to prioritize, organize and manage multiple project assignments with aggressive schedules simultaneously.
Additional Responsibilities include:
- Public relations and notifications of ongoing and upcoming field activities;
- Direct client interactions including team meetings to discuss ongoing activities;
- Obtaining, verifying, and maintaining project documentation pertaining to daily quantities of work and work activities, record drawings, project events, correspondence, and recordkeeping;
- Managing other duties as assigned;
- Monitor safety activities of contractors performing work at the site;
- Performing a variety of field assignments, as needed.
This position offers a great opportunity for an individual who is eager to manage challenging construction projects and to be entrusted with various levels of responsibility.
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.