Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder’s Great Valley Area has an immediate opening [in Sacramento or Stockton] for a self-motivated team player with the experience and skills to provide business development management and leadership for our fast-paced group of consulting professionals.
In this position, the qualified individual will require an intentional focus on:
- Planning and Positioning for new opportunities with select clients across Central California
- Generate qualified leads related to the services we provide in our target markets
- Conversation of qualified leads into sales
- Training staff in the development and execution of Client Account Plans
- Assisting Pursuit Managers with responses to RFQs / RFPs for multiple service areas
- Technical writing of locally focused marketing collateral
- Strong involvement in external business development activities
In addition, the qualified individual will also be responsible for:
- Development and management of local marketing plans
- Lead business development team planning and positioning activities
- Participating in client meetings in coordination with Client Account Managers, Technical Staff, and Project Managers
- Managing the pursuit and client database
- Performing market research; identifying new business opportunity leads
- Attending pre-proposal meetings
- Attending industry related organization functions and events
- Be the external face of Kleinfelder in the industry
- 3-5+ years’ in A/E/C Industry Marketing or Business Development
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or a technical field related to Kleinfelder’s core services
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and consistency
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Proficient with MS Office suite, Technical Writing and Presentations
- Skilled with CRM databases, Social Media, and other Marketing Campaign Strategies
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.