Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder is seeking an Assistant Civil Engineering Project Manager to join our growing southeast engineering team. With expanding opportunities in the region in a variety of different industries (oil and gas, solar, commercial, etc.), the ideal candidate will join our high achieving, fast-paced team.
Lead the production management of designs, reports and calculations on complex energy projects with minimal supervision and guidance. This position will supervise the technical execution of projects including solar site designs, pipeline relocations, environmental permitting, site modeling and grading.
The successful candidate will interact with PMs, senior operations and technical staff and provide training for entry level professionals.
- Lead the detailed technical design of civil and site components on energy projects
- Develop complete civil plan sets, calculations, reports, and specifications
- Provide technical risk identification at all stages of development
- Review client-provided facility information and topographic surveys to ensure data is sufficient for civil design
- Perform site visits to assess pre-construction conditions and ensure accuracy of survey
- Evaluate potential site constraints such as wetlands, streams, property/lease boundaries, geotechnical reports, and determine impacts to the civil design and layout
- Collaborate with project management team on permitting efforts with local, state, and federal agencies
- Provide QA/QC for design work performed by team members and/or outside consultants
- Work closely with delivery team to communicate issues during design and ensure timely completion of deliverables
- Assist with work planning and staffing for project portfolio
- Support the project management team on various business development efforts including preparation of proposals and client interaction
- Distills critical facets of technical challenges and prioritizes effort
- Evaluates, selects, and recommends solutions
- Effectively communicates in meetings/presentations to team members and clients
- Applies creativity and independent thought to solve problems
- Six to ten (6-10) years of experience in civil engineering/land development, pipeline design, hydrologic/hydraulic modeling, stormwater management systems, erosion control design and permitting
- Proficiency with Civil3D
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- B.S. in Civil Engineering from an accredited institution or acceptable equivalent
- Professional Engineering license in North Carolina or ability to obtain within 6 months
- Self-starter who can work independently and with team members
- A “Can Do” positive attitude
- Comfortable presenting to and interacting with clients, consultants, regulatory agencies and review professionals
- Ability to organize priorities and multi-task effectively
- Self-motivated to continue learning
- Leadership positions in industry or community organizations
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.