Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
We are seeking a Project Administrator to join our team in Houston, Texas. Local candidates are encouraged to apply.
As a Project Administrator, you will:
- Work directly with Project Managers to support in the delivery projects from proposal to close-out phases.
- Provide financial analysis with Project Managers, Area Managers and Administrative Managers to resolve issues to increase profitability.
- Assist with preparation of cost proposals in Kleinfelder and Client formats.
- Support Project Managers in contract management/compliance, project setup, financial performance and progress, invoice review and management, document control, client meetings/coordination, and interaction with AR Collections Specialist team.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of periodic status reports to keep management and/or client informed on the project progress.
- Coordination with Kleinfelder’s project staff and contract department for initiation and completion of Prime/Sub agreement, Certificate of Insurance, subcontractor task orders, and Kleinfelder Master Service Agreements.
- Prepares agreements, addendums, fee letters, confidentiality agreements, financial reports.
- Implementation and monitoring of project document structure to ensure QA/QC compliance, logical tier creation, and coordination of project files through administrative team. This includes hard copy, electronic, and SharePoint filing.
- Provide backup support to other Administrative Support Staff, as needed.
Requirements: Self-motivated, minimal supervision, detail oriented professional with 4+ years in planning/scheduling, cost control, and project administration using MS Project, Excel, Word, and Outlook. Deltek experience and advanced skills in Excel and advanced spreadsheet functions preferred.
Education: Associate degree from a two-year college in finance, business, or project management required. Bachelor’s degree in finance accounting, business administration or similar field preferred. Must have 4+ years of experience in project administration.
Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing. Demonstrate team collaboration, communication, organization, and self-prioritization skills. General understanding of accounting practices such as invoicing, billing, accounts receivables, accounts payable, and other project related accounting principles. Strong communication skills and intermediate knowledge of company products and operations. General understanding of accounting practices such as invoicing, billing, accounts receivables, accounts payable, and other project related accounting principles. Strong communication skills and intermediate knowledge of company products and operations. General understanding of accounting practices such as invoicing, billing, accounts receivables, accounts payable, and other project related accounting principles. Strong communication skills and intermediate knowledge of company products and operations.
- dependable and keep required work schedules.
- able to work effectively in a team environment and consistently maintain a professional and respectful demeanor/attitude with co-workers, clients, vendors, and regulatory agencies.
- a problem solver with the ability to find resolutions.
- detail orientated with the ability to catch and correct one’s own errors, as well as those of others when proofreading.
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.