Kleinfelder is seeking a dynamic, entrepreneurially minded leader to helm our Construction Inspection and Testing practice in the Bay Area.
- Are you a proven professional with initiative, leadership, and drive?
- Can you provide the business development experience, energy, and direction to take Kleinfelder’s Bay Area construction inspection and testing services to the next level?
- Do you have what it takes to promote and sustain a professional environment focused on employee success, client service, safety, and quality?
If you answered yes to these questions, then we want to talk to you about joining our team.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 10+ years in the construction inspection and testing industry with at least 5 years of personnel and project management experience.
- A strong background in business development with a diverse client base including transportation, municipalities, health care, education, and commercial clients. Preference will be given to candidates with heavy transportation experience (e.g. highway, airport, rail, and shipping).
- High level of competency in project management – including management of financial performance, client relationships, and liability control.
- Candidates with appropriate combination of certifications, applicable management experience, and education will be considered. Though not required for consideration, candidates with a BS degree in civil/structural engineering, construction management, or a construction related field are preferred.
- Professional Engineer (PE) registration is not required, but preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of inspection and jurisdiction requirements, including understanding of ICC, ACI, AWS, and CalTrans certifications.
- Proven ability to develop and lead a group of construction inspection and testing professionals with varied certifications, specialties, and experience to achieve performance and growth goals.
- Ability to lead, inspire, grow, recruit, and mentor employees to success.
- Ensure quality is achieved on all project deliverables.
- Experience with oversight of multiple complementary laboratory and field operations.
- Well-developed presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient technical writer/detailed reviewer of data/reports;
- Project procurement experience, including proposal preparation, scoping, and pricing for a competitive edge.
- Working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outook).
- Current driver’s license with acceptable (i.e. good) driving record.
- Authorization to work in the United States.
As the Team Leader, Project Manager and role model, this position requires an excellent attitude and an ability to communicate and effectively collaborate with a very talented bench of internal and external team members/staff.
The position may be based out of our offices in Hayward, Pittsburg, or San Jose.
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.