Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder is seeking a Geotechnical Engineer with 3 to 8 years of experience to join us in our Pleasanton CA office.
This position involves oversight of tasks, technical execution, and analyses during project design and construction of projects associated with all of Kleinfelder’s markets including Energy, Water, Transportation, Facilities and Federal.
- Proposal development
- Coordination and/or oversight of geotechnical field investigations
- Geotechnical report preparation
- Oversite of geotechnical / materials aspects of construction projects
The candidate should have at a minimum, experience in, or the ability to readily learn, all basic components of the delivery of a fundamental geotechnical investigation including:
- Foundation design including deep, shallow, and intermediate foundations
- Proficiency in software including Lpile, Apile, Shaft, GeoStudio Suite, Settle3D
- Slope stability analyses
- Retaining wall analyses and design
- Pavement design
- Report writing
- Assessment of excavations and design of shoring
Skills required for this position include:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of construction techniques and methods, ability to communicate effectively with other design professionals and contractors
- A commitment to safety
- The ability to organize priorities and multi-task effectively
- A thirst to learn and achieve continuous improvement in a team environment
- Can-do attitude and problem-solving mindset
- Commitment to excellent client service
The Bay Area and the Pleasanton Office offers a wide range of challenging project work and a great opportunity to develop professionally.
BS degree and Professional Engineer license is required, with MS degree in Geotechnical Engineering preferred.
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.