Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
The Hamilton (Trenton) NJ office has an immediate opening for an Environmental Engineer, Geologist, or Environmental Scientist with 0 to 2 years of experience to work on environmental assessment and remediation projects.
Responsibilities include planning field activities, field oversight of subcontractors, authoring technical reports, communicating with staff, ensuring quality execution, and evaluating site data to proactively progress projects toward regulatory closure.
Qualified candidates should possess:
- 0 - 2 years of related experience
- FE Certification (if engineer)
- Knowledge of NJDEP regulations and guidance documents (a plus)
- Experience conducting environmental field investigations and data collection/sampling
- Experience with various contaminants including chlorinated compounds, petroleum compounds, metals, MGP waste, etc.
- Knowledge of RCRA & CERCLA regulations and HAZMAT assessments (a plus)
- Experience in hydrogeological and conceptual site modeling a plus
- Office experience related to scheduling, lab coordination, data evaluation, technical report writing, and Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC)
- Experience conducting Vapor Intrusion (VI) investigations a plus
Advanced knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required, as well as effective oral and written communication skills.
Demonstrated ability to follow direction and work independently, as well as, in a team environment and a positive professional attitude.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as organization and multi-tasking skills
The position requires strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, judgment and problem-solving capabilities in order to ensure compliance with relevant state/federal regulations and client-specific requirements
The ideal candidate must have previous experience working on environmental projects and an established technical background in environmental assessment and remediation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering, Geology or Environmental Science or related discipline
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification with up-to-date 8-hour refresher a plus
- Transportation Worker Identification Credentials (TWIC) card and American Petroleum Institute (API) Work Safe certification a plus
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.