Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
The Fishkill, NY/Rocky Hill, CT office has an immediate opening for an Environmental Scientist with 0 to 2 years of experience.
The successful candidate will work with a dynamic team of environmental professionals to develop and implement innovative technical solutions for the projects.
- performing field investigations (wetland delineations, natural resource surveys, etc., in accordance with federal and state protocols),
- assisting with preparation of technical reports and permits,
- communicating with staff,
- ensuring quality execution, and
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, judgment and problem-solving capabilities to ensure compliance with relevant state/federal regulations and client-specific requirements.
Qualified candidates should possess:
- 0 to 2 years of related experience,
- Strong written and data evaluation skills,
- Experience conducting environmental field investigations and data collection/sampling,
- Experience with natural resource surveys (habitat assessment, wetland delineations, etc.),
- Experience with preparing reports, and
- Experience with Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC).
- Bachelor’s degree in Geology, Hydrogeology, Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering or related discipline
- Knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, as well as effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel; valid driver’s license.
- Ability to work flexible work schedules and availability to meet priority deadlines.
- A demonstrated ability to follow direction and work independently, as well as, in a team environment and a positive professional attitude.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as organization and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to prioritize effort and effectively be engaged on multiple projects at one time.
- Experience with a Trimble GPS and ArcGIS is a plus.
- Knowledge of NYSDEC/CTDEEP regulations and guidance documents is a plus.
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.