Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder has an immediate opening for an Environmental/Wetland Scientist to join our team in Fishkill, New York/Rocky Hill, Connecticut.
The successful candidate will work with a dynamic team of environmental professionals to develop and implement innovative technical solutions for the projects.
- Authoring technical reports, performing calculations, and conduct analyses.
- Federal, state, and local permit preparation.
- Planning and performing field investigations (natural resource surveys, sampling, and wetland delineations, in accordance with federal and state protocols).
- Communicating with staff on multidisciplinary projects.
- Ensuring quality execution.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, judgment and problem-solving capabilities to ensure compliance with relevant state/federal regulations and client-specific requirements.
Qualified candidates should possess:
- Experience preparing permits for public and private clients with respect to acquisition and compliance for wetland impacts, threatened/endangered species, etc.
- Experience with natural resource surveys (habitat assessment, wetland delineations, etc.).
- Experience with preparing reports, including but not limited to: Federal and State Permit Applications, etc., environmental impact statements, etc.).
- Strong written and data evaluation skills.
- 5-10 years of relevant experience.
- Ideal candidate will have prior work experience working on linear power projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental, Biological, Environmental Science, Environmental Policy or related discipline; Masters in a relevant Biological field of study is a plus.
- Certified Soil Scientist credentials (with ARCPACS or SSSSNE, or equivalent) is a plus.
- Qualified applicants will be experienced in state and federal wetlands and land use regulatory permitting.
- Must have experience in conducting and/or managing complex project(s) including wetland mitigation, environmental protection, environmental due diligence and/or litigation.
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.