Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder’s Fishkill, NY office has a great opportunity available for a Geotechnical Engineer to join our team and support energy infrastructure!
We are excited to present a challenging opportunity for an experienced and energetic Geotechnical Engineer, with 8-10 years’ experience, to join our team and become a key part of a strong, growing team. The focus of this position is to apply practical geotechnical engineering and constructability oversight toward the economic construction of gas and electric assets. This unique position is ideal for a thirsty engineer to blend technical acumen with practical, fit-for-use solutions that ultimately provide the value to our clients.
The successful candidate will have:
- Client interaction involving technical and project management of geotechnical investigations
- Significant experience in the design of Horizontal Directional Drills (HDDs)
- The ability to work well in a matrixed environment, interacting with both business development and operations teams, as well as maintaining close communications with the client in order to represent the client’s needs effectively.
The Geotechnical Engineer will focus on delivering high quality technical work product and advancing the relationship with targeted clients having operations in NY and New England. The ideal candidate will thoroughly understand the client’s business and develop innovative solutions and sound recommendations to meet the client’s needs while delivering projects on schedule and under budget.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering and PE is required
- Command of geotechnical engineering principles and mass earthwork construction techniques
- Comprehensive understanding of grading plans, geotechnical investigations and slope stability analyses
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- the ability to organize priorities and multi-task effectively
- flexibility to adapt to a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- a thirst to learn and achieve continuous improvement in a team environment
- can-do attitude and problem-solving mindset
- ability and desire to travel to project sites throughout NY and New England
Primary responsibilities for this position include:
- preparation and review of geotechnical proposals, analyses and reports
- Coordination of geotechnical investigations
- working directly with the Designers, Contractors, Owners, and Technicians to pro-actively problem solve in real time
- integrating civil site design with geotechnical conditions to optimize grading schemes
- troubleshooting and value-engineering of earthwork activities at multiple sites
- mentoring and stewardship of engineering and field staff
- applying risk management mentality to the work, both from the Client and Kleinfelder perspective
- Quality review of Daily Field Reports
- Performing site reconnaissance and conceptualizing grading schemes with the site civil staff
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.