Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder's Sacramento operation has a terrific opportunity for a Staff Geotechnical Engineer.
We are seeking candidates with experience related to civil or geotechnical engineering,
The ideal candidate must have previous experience working on one or more of the following types of projects: environmental or geotechnical engineering. Preference is that you have some environmental and experience in a least one of the other project types (environmental engineering or groundwater management). However, we are open to provide training for the right candidate.
Responsible for collection, documentation, analysis, and reporting of field data; including:
- soil and rock logging of bore holes, test pits, and monitoring wells
- well installation, supply and irrigation well experience a plus
- aquifer testing analysis
- completion of soil and groundwater sampling
- hydrogeologic evaluations
- laboratory testing on soil and other construction materials
- report writing
- foundation and flood control construction observation
Tasks will also include:
- preparing permits for drilling
- marking sites for USA and utility locating
- coordinating field work with multiple subcontractors
- preparing work plans and health and safety plans for environmental projects
- preparation of data tables and analysis
- assistance with preparation of geotechnical, environmental, and/or groundwater supply/management reports
Ideal candidates will possess strong communication and writing skills and technical background in engineering projects.
- 4 to 8 years of engineering related experience
- 40-hour HAZWOPER training (a plus but not required)
- Phase I & II Environmental Site Assessment experience (a plus but not required)
- Strong attention to detail in order to ensure compliance with relevant state/federal regulations and client specific requirements.
- Valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record.
- Physical ability to be in the field, carry equipment (20 to 30 pounds), perform testing and sampling for multiple hours or multiple days in a row.
- Must be willing to travel within the state of California.
BS degree in engineering (Required)
Professional Engineers Licensure, PE (Required)
Candidates that have completed applicable internships are preferred.
This position will be a mix of office and field work. Individual must be capable of taking direction and completing work with basic supervision. We are seeking a self-starter with a strong desire to learn and be a part of a top-notch team.
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.