Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose - together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder is looking for a dynamic Environmental Scientist/Engineer to join our team in Elizabeth, NJ.
The role includes environmental data evaluation, field activities, and overall field services assistance at an industrial project site. The successful candidate will work with a dynamic team of civil and environmental professionals to ensure the designed projects are implemented flawlessly.
- planning field activities,
- field oversight of subcontractors performing environmental sampling and/or construction related activities,
- data entry, evaluation and report preparation,
- field services assistances including laboratory samples and field equipment management,
- communicating with the Kleinfelder staff, subconractors, and client, and
- ensuring quality execution of tasks assigned.
- 2-7 years of related experience
- Soil and/or ground water sample collection experience
- A demonstrated ability to follow direction and work independently, as well as, in a team environment and a positive professional attitude
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, judgment and problem-solving capabilities
- Excellent organization and multi-tasking skills
- Transportation Worker Identification Credentials (TWIC) card a plus
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification a plus
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, as well as effective oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with various contaminants including: chlorinated compounds, petroleum compounds, metals, MGP waste, etc.
Bachelor’s degree in Civil /Environmental Engineering, Geology, or related discipline
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.