Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder is currently seeking an Environmental Scientist to serve Florida and surrounding areas.
Working as part of a regional team based in Jacksonville, Florida and serving the Southeastern US, the successful candidate will perform environmental site investigations and field sampling services. We are seeking a candidate that is motivated, can travel and work independently, is mechanically-inclined, and enjoys working outdoors. The candidate will conduct environmental site work and field sampling procedures that include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Soil boring and monitoring well installation.
- Soil, sediment, surface water, and groundwater screening and sampling.
- Storm water, waste water and influent/effluent process water sampling.
- Operations and maintenance of remediation systems.
- The oversight of subcontractors and vendors performing drilling, laboratory analytical services, mowing, clearing, maintenance and excavation activities.
- The use of a Global Positioning System to take points or stake features in the field.
- Entering data from sampling events into known computing software programs.
- Conducting site inspections as part of environmental assessments and compliance audits.
- Supporting ecological field efforts including threatened, endangered, and sensitive species assessment and wetlands assessment and delineation.
This position is 75% fieldwork, 25% office work. Travel (regional/overnight) may account for up to 30% of work. There is the expectation that the candidate will need to work in all weather conditions, and that the work will be physically and mechanically demanding (must be able to lift 50 pounds).
Effective and concise written and verbal communication skills are critical, as well as the ability to navigate in remote areas and use a map and compass.
The candidate must have an appreciation for the importance of adhering to a safety culture that believes that all accidents are preventable. Additionally, the candidate will be expected to follow written technical procedures and document field activities commensurate with individual project expectations.
- H.S. Diploma/G.E.D. is required. A 2 or 4-year industrial, college, or technical degree in environmental sciences is preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in the environmental science, environmental consulting, or a nexus industry.
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER Health and Safety Training and First Aid/CPR Training.
- Candidates must have a good driving record and a valid Driver’s License.
- Training and ability to operate 4WD equipment and heavy machinery (backhoe, trackhoe, wheel and skid steer loader) and trailer attachments is preferred.
- MSHA Part 48 (B) Miner Training is preferred.
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.