Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder is seeking an Environmental Compliance Project Professional with a focus on water quality.
The candidate for this position will sit in our downtown Los Angeles office and will work on exciting large transportation and municipal agency contracts to contribute a real positive impact on our community.
The candidate should be able to collaborate and communicate effectively in a team environment and exercise project authority and mentorship over project team members, while also able to work independently and be self-driven to accomplish goals and objectives.
This individual will be responsible for Environmental Compliance project tasks for construction projects, including, but not limited to:
- Performing field inspections or sampling, as well as review of project documents
- Developing cost proposals, work plans, and execution strategies.
- Providing technical support to field staff.
- Subcontractor and third-party oversight and management.
- Preparation of technical reports and providing quality assurance/quality control of project documents with a focus on compliance with client and regulatory agency processes, procedures, and policies and regulations.
- Summarizing, providing, and soliciting communication directly with clients.
- Managing multiple projects, tasks, and deadlines.
EXPERIENCE & ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of 6-8 years of related construction stormwater compliance experience.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of increasing project management experience with multi-disciplinary environmental projects and proven responsibility with scope / schedule / budget.
- Current QSP / QSD Certification
- CESSWI / CPESC / CPSWQ certifications desired
- Experience drafting SWPPPs, Construction and MS4 NPDES applications, inspections, sampling, and SMARTS
- Current QISP certification a plus
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local environmental laws, regulations, and permitting requirements related to construction in air quality, noise and vibration, and/or waste a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in Engineering, Environmental Science, or other related field. Advanced degree(s) preferred.
- Professional License is not required, but preferred. Ability to obtain professional registration in California (e.g., PE) a plus.
- Loss Prevention System (LPS) or similar behavior-based LPS experience and expertise in hazard recognition, risk identification, and root cause analysis.
- Advanced computer skills with MS Office software, including Word, Excel, and Power Point.
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong customer service emphasis and solution-oriented delivery.
- Leadership and strong ability to work in a collaborative environment.
- Understanding of project risk management.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet timelines.
- Conscientious and high attention to detail.
- Good judgment and sound decision-making skills.
- Willingness to provide career and technical mentorship.
- Staying current with relevant regulations and technology.
- Experience in providing leadership to diverse project teams on high-pressure, high-visibility projects.
- This position is performed in an office and field environment.
- Candidate must pass a medical surveillance that includes drug screening.
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs.
- Up to 50% of time may be dedicated to field activities in varying environmental conditions including inclement weather.
- Some night and weekend work may be required for this position.
- May periodically require travel and stays outside of the greater Los Angeles area.
- Personal vehicle use for travel to / from project site is expected.
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.