Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder Construction Services is seeking experienced Lead Public Works Inspectors to join our team! These positions will focus on providing construction inspection and coordination services for earthen channel rehabilitation, roadway rehabilitation including slurry seals and HMA overlays, and bridge rehab and construction projects throughout Orange County, CA.
- Perform daily construction inspections to verify contractor is building per contract plans and specifications
- Prepare detailed Daily Inspection Reports and photo logs accurately reflecting the construction progress
- Measure, calculate, track, and record pay quantities for monthly estimates
- Manage and track the project schedule and prepare the weekly statement of working days
- Serve as the single point-of-contact and coordinate with all functional units, agencies and project stakeholders
- Assist the Client Project Manager with change orders, RFI’s, submittals, response letters to the contractor, and as-built drawings
- Prepare and maintain project records (monthly estimates, weekly project status reports)
- Maintain a good working relationship with Contractor and Client
- Minimum of 6 years of experience required
- Inspection experience including earthwork, grading, drainage, traffic control, HMA paving, pavement seals, signing and striping, storm water BMPs, cofferdams, dewatering, and bridge and retaining wall structures
- Earthen channel construction/rehab experience a plus
- BS degree in Civil Engineering may be substituted for 2 years of experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word and Excel
- Nights and weekend shifts may be required
- Position requires candidate be pro-active and personable
- Ability to learn quickly and assist with applicable tasks
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Prior construction experience is a plus
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.