Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder’s Sacramento, California office is looking for a Laboratory Technician to join our team!
This position will coordinate and execute all activities related to our soils and construction materials testing laboratory operations in support of our projects. The successful candidate will bring strong leadership skills, technical knowledge, and familiarity with commercial laboratory operations.
- Responsible for making sure project deadlines are met by providing proper scheduling, coordination, and organization of items to be tested and available resources.
- Responsible to perform routine to complex lab testing - including soils, aggregates, concrete, grout, asphalt, and rock testing.
- Responsible for performing the testing, associated reporting, and computations in accordance with Kleinfelder’s Quality System Manual and applicable testing standards (e.g. ASTM, AASHTO, etc.).
- Ensures that laboratory equipment is properly maintained and calibrated in accordance with internal procedures.
- Assist with the maintenance of Kleinfelder’s local lab accreditations.
- Responsibly manages laboratory costs to ensure most efficient use of resources.
- Provides support on marketing and proposal efforts as required.
- Experienced in establishing and maintaining great client relationships through excellent communication, quality and client service.
The successful candidate must meet the following minimum requirements:
- 3 years of laboratory experience testing construction materials (concrete, soils, aggregate, asphalt);
- Proactive communication skills, knowledge of construction practices, willingness to learn, and an overall passion for continual improvement;
- Knowledge and use of MS Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook;
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record and ability to pass drug test;
- High School Diploma, or equivalent;
- Authorization to work in the United States
Candidates with the following preferred skills or certifications will receive hiring preference:
- American Concrete Institute (ACI)
- Concrete Field Testing Technician – Grade 1
- Concrete Strength Testing Technician
- Concrete Laboratory Testing Technician (Levels 1 or 2)
- Aggregate Testing Technician (Levels 1 or 2)
- National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies (NICET)
- Construction Materials Testing: Asphalt, Concrete, Soils (Levels I, II, or III)
- California Department of Transportation (CalTrans) certifications
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.