Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
The Kleinfelder Desert Southwest Area is currently hiring a Location Leader for our Las Vegas office.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a well-known engineering consultancy with offices across the US, Canada and Australia. Most importantly, this position offers the candidate an opportunity to have a meaningful impact on an office with a strong history and strong technical capabilities that is looking to accelerate growth. Success with the goals of this regionally focused position can lead to client account management opportunities at a national and international level.
The ideal professional will have a strong background in one of our three core services: Geotechnical Engineering, Construction Materials Engineering and Testing, or Environmental Consulting in order to help accelerate business growth in the Clark County/Las Vegas marketplace. This person will have a proven track record in identification, strategic pursuit, and winning geotechnical, construction inspection, and/or environmental work with private, local, state and Federal agencies.
The successful candidate:
- Will have an established network of key regional client relationships that can be leveraged to help Kleinfelder grow
- To develop innovative solutions and sound recommendations to meet client needs
- Will be actively engaged in industry professional groups and/or client networking organizations that will help provide qualified project leads to our organization
- Act as a leader and mentor
The responsibilities of the position:
- Works with Area Manager and local team members to develop and maintain client relationships, identify new opportunities and develop effective pursuit strategies
- Identify opportunities and takes action to build relationships with other KLF business development professionals to help achieve business goals
- Develops proposal strategies that utilize Company’s strengths and innovative thinking to gain a competitive advantage
- Coordinates project delivery and proposal teams with clear and succinct communication as to the client requirements and differentiation strategy
- Handles client questions and complaints, communicates with clients, handles service problems politely and efficiently,
- Recognizes problems and responds, systematically gathers information, sorts through complex issues, seeks input from others, addresses root cause of issues, makes timely decisions, can make difficult decisions, uses consensus when possible, and communicates decisions to others
- Builds and maintains excellent local and regional partners, community and government relations by participating in legislative processes, special interest group meetings, advisory committees, industry organizations and community outreach programs
- Creates and maintains a cross-functional team that is aligned around the “One Company” delivery approach, knows the client's business and delivers exceptional client service and best-in-class industry solutions
- Develops and fosters collaborative relationships with industry peers to establish partnering opportunities, resolve business issues, and identify best practices
- 10+ years of related experience
- 6-7 years project management experience and knowledge of applicable laws and regulations required
- 5-6 years supervisory/management experience Strong working relationship with the professional community and private industry, including large regional and private client owners and teaming partners
- Bachelor's degree
- Professional registration (PE) preferred, but not required
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.