Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder is seeking a Lead Civil Engineer to join our growing, high achieving and fast paced engineering and water resources team in our Mt. Dora, Florida office. This opportunity offers a wide range of challenging projects in a variety of industries including but not limited to surface mining, oil and gas, solar, and commercial. The primary focus of this position is to provide general civil / professional engineering services for our clients in Florida and the southeastern US. The ideal candidate will be responsible for developing technical solutions for a wide range of projects through the application of engineering knowledge and skills to support permitting and compliance needs for a diverse client base, including local and national mining and energy sector companies.
Primary responsibilities in the Lead Civil Engineering role will include general civil site design tasks, including grading, infrastructure layout and design, construction management/planning, stormwater analysis and design, and general water resources engineering. The ideal candidate will serve as Lead Civil Engineer on projects, defining project scope, budgets and timelines, and then providing/managing project delivery. They will be integrated with a small team of engineers, hydrologists and geologists to accomplish the work, with the opportunity to participate in business development and project delivery throughout the state and southeastern US.
The successful candidate will:
- interact with project managers, senior operations and technical staff and provide training for entry level and junior professionals;
- develop civil plan sets, calculations, reports and specifications;
- provide technical risk identification;
- perform site visits to support project scoping, planning and delivery;
- collaborate with project management team on permitting efforts with local, state and federal agencies;
- assist with work planning and staffing for project portfolio; and
- effectively communicate in meetings/presentations to team members and clients.
- 7 years of professional experience in civil engineering/land development (including grading, erosion and sediment control), project scope definition and management, site design, permitting support, task and/or project management, and general civil engineering tasks;
- 5 years of related experience working in the State of Florida;
- Bachelor’s in civil engineering;
- Current Civil P.E. registration for the State of Florida;
- Proficiency with AutoCAD Civil 3D, various hydrologic and hydraulic computer models (ICPR, HydroCAD, HEC) and Microsoft Office.
- Excellent problem solving and time management skills.
- GIS experience, especially with 3D and Spatial Analyst
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.