Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder, a long-standing industry leader in Texas, is looking for exceptional NICET-certified technicians to join our Houston, Texas office. In addition to the opportunity to work on some of the largest, most complex, and highest profile projects and clients in the area, Kleinfelder also offers:
- Industry leading wages;
- Career advancement opportunities (both managerial and technical) with one of the largest and most respected firms in the industry;
- Benefits, including medical, dental, vision, & life insurance; HSA & FSA; 401K; paid holidays; and paid time off (PTO);
- Continued certification training and professional development (NICET, TxDOT, ICC, ACI, AWS, etc.); and
- Employee referral bonuses.
If you are looking to grow your career with a leader in the construction materials engineering and testing industry apply below.
Consideration for this position requires the following certifications or experience:
- Construction Materials (Asphalt, Concrete, Soils) Level II (or higher) certification from the National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies (NICET);
- A minimum of two years of construction materials testing experience (field or laboratory);
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record;
- Use a company provided laptop or tablet computer and a working knowledge of MS Office programs (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.);
- A good work ethic and high level of personal integrity; and,
- Authorization to work in the United States.
In addition to the above required certifications, hiring preference will be given to those with the following certifications or experience:
- Construction materials testing experience (concrete, asphalt, soils); and,
- Radiation safety training for the operation of a nuclear density gauge;
- ACI Concrete Field-Testing Technician - Grade I;
- Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) Testing Certifications;
- WACEL Soils or Concrete Certification; and / or
- ICC Special Inspector Certifications (Reinforced Concrete, Prestressed Concrete, Structural Masonry, Structural Steel and Bolting, Structural Welding, Spray Applied Fire Proofing, or Soils).
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.