Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder is looking for a dynamic Project Manager/Engineer to join our team in supporting projects managed in our Raleigh Engineering Group. He or she will be detail-oriented with a commitment to project excellence. Excellent communication skills with the ability to lead and inspire a team are valued attributes for this position. The project work will be multi-disciplinary in nature, but design experience in transportation, site development or oil & gas is a plus.
- Oversee pursuits, designate the appropriate resources to projects, define client needs, address client concerns and manage engineering resources within budget.
- Lead and participate in technical, cost, and scheduling decisions for interdisciplinary teams ensuring company quality standards and driving customer value
- Nurture and grow client relationships and contracts that include complex, multi-disciplinary projects
- Leading, growing and mentoring staff – supporting the achievement of professional career goals.
- Devise new approaches to problems encountered.
- Manage all phases of project execution including project organization, subcontractor management, scheduling, financial management, health and safety stewardship, and reporting
- Collaborate on a program of design and construction management projects striving for continuous improvement in process development and execution
- Build relationships on technical and client service teams and within client organizations
- Communicate effectively with internal and external teams of clients and stakeholders
Skills & Experience:
- 6+ years of engineering experience in the civil design, permitting and/or construction of a variety of projects in the energy and infrastructure markets.
- Possess knowledge permitting requirements and interfacing with state and local agencies.
- Experienced in project planning activities with a background in utilizing standard tools and information to make tactical course corrections regarding budgeting, scheduling, and scope changes.
- Ability to asses and resolve issues and conflicts internally and externally.
- Production design experience either first-hand or through reviews of work products and independent technical reviews.
Education: B.S. degree in Civil Engineering.
Experience: Minimum of 6 years of related design/engineering experience and 3 years of project management experience required.
Certification/Registration: Professional Engineer is required.
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.