Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder Construction Services is seeking a flexible/on-call entry level Graphic Designer/ Communications Specialist to join our PR team in the Inland Empire.
Supports the public relations team in successfully executing various internal and external projects. Projects will include traditional print collateral, event-related signage, promotional items, social media, interactive presentations, videos/animation, and publication design to name a few. You will work closely with the senior graphic designer and division leadership to understand and interpret the client’s needs before providing concepts and visual solution. The graphic designer is responsible for providing creative services to help articulate, educate, and build campaigns and proposals based on Kleinfelder's internal brand or a specific visual for each client. While the main focus of the position
is for graphic design support, there will be public outreach tasks assigned which may include, but not limited to, staffing public meetings and community events, performing marketing research, coordinating logistics, canvassing, etc.
- Work closely with the senior graphic designer and division director to develop creative pieces, ensuring both branding requirements and graphic design standards are constantly met.
- Develop concepts for and design collateral materials, including brochures, advertising, fact sheets, infographics, e-blast campaigns, invitations, postcards, newsletters, flyers, posters, social media campaigns, presentations, etc.
- Contribute to brand awareness campaigns and integrate them across multiple mediums.
- Illustrates concept by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts.
- Prepares finished copy and art by operating typesetting, printing, and similar equipment; purchasing from vendors.
- Maintain collateral archives.
- Participate and assists in planning and executing a variety of milestone and special events, including groundbreaking and ribbon cutting ceremonies, public workshops, and outreach events.
- Collaborate with team members and participates in developing outreach initiatives for different projects; assists with planning, coordinating, and implementing public outreach and community outreach activities.
- Assist with public workshops and meetings logistics, provide materials and communications support for clients to present to individuals, as well as community and civic groups.
- Coordinate with staff to generate information and approvals for materials.
- Assist public relations team with brainstorming, design and outreach strategies.
- Manage basic image manipulation and editing
- Assist in the development of internal systems to monitor, track and report on the progress of the program. Programs include, but aren’t limited to social media, internal/external analytics.
- Maintain infrastructure for ensuring the use of best practices throughout the company.
- Handle multiple projects at once.
- Meet tight deadlines and be flexible to switch directions, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in graphic design.
- Must be proficient with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Experience with PC
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio (please attach with application or provide link to online portfolio preferred)
- Experience with website design and maintenance a plus
- Experience quoting and managing print jobs, as well as working with printers
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of online tools such as Constant Contact, MailChimp, Prezi, Eventbrite or ArcGIS Online a plus
- May be required to work night, weekends, and/or holidays and extended hours
- Must be willing to learn, adapt to change, able to accept constructive feedback, be a team player as well as work autonomously with minimal supervision
- Must be able to carry or lift items weighing up to 25 pounds
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment and under pressure
- Ability to work simultaneously on 5+ projects based on current client workload
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, vendors, and teammates
- Ability to absorb and apply constructive criticism from peers and clients
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.