Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder’s Pleasanton office is seeking a creative, highly talented Field Logistics Coordinator to join our growing company. This opportunity is crucial in helping keep projects coordinated appropriately and requires the ability to communicate effectively across a variety of clients and stakeholders within the framework of a project delivery program.
The purpose of the Field Logistics Coordinator is to support the program management, project managers, and project delivery teams in the planning, execution, and completion of geotechnical and construction projects as part of a client-focused program. This position is accountable for project field preparation support, processes, procedures and providing these services in a way that enables an effective and efficient work environment, therefore the ideal candidate will have the ability to quickly become familiar with program requirements, Kleinfelder and client safety protocols, geotechnical investigation techniques, and permitting requirements. The Field Logistics Coordinator will work directly with members of Kleinfelder’s multi-discipline teams to complete assigned work, as well as external subcontractors, vendors and/or clients, as required. The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills, a demonstrated willingness to learn, the ability to work both independently or part of a team, as well as the ability to handle multiple priorities concurrently on tight deadlines, anticipate barriers, and provide alternative solutions.
- Coordinate multiple field teams and review field preparation packages for consistency and compliance with project and program requirements
- Prepare and/or review safety packages and obtain permits to prepare for field activities
- Schedule subcontractors and inspectors required for field activities
- Support and assist with project scheduling, tracking, and documentation control according to the established process, timelines, and deliverables
- Assist with the development and implementation of project planning documentation to include documenting existing processes, updating documentation as necessary, and communicating changes
- Communicate primarily with internal Kleinfelder staff and external subcontractors, but must also be comfortable interacting with external clients as needed to schedule field work
- Associate Degree in Logistics, Engineering, Geology, Environmental Science, Geography, Construction Management, or other related fields (or applicable experience)
- Minimum 2 years’ experience planning for field investigations involving multiple team members and subcontractors (drilling, traffic control, utility locators, testing laboratories, etc.)
- Ability to adhere to Kleinfelder and client safety programs and policies and assist others with compliance
- Ability to communicate clearly and help resolve conflicts that may arise
- Ability to use software including Excel to track and organize data
- Ability to travel regionally, (10% of the time)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Valid Driver’s License
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proficient with or willing to learn ArcGIS software
- Familiar with environmental hazards and clean-up protocols associated with field investigations
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.