Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
Seeking candidates with 1 to 3 years of administrative experience to be based in our Stockton, California office.
Provide basic administrative coordination to support the office’s needs, deadlines, and deliverables. May be accountable for front desk activities, including but not limited to answering phones, greeting clients and visitors, and ensuring office inventory is well stocked. Work under direct supervision from Supervisor/ Manager within specific guidelines and protocols on basic assignments.
- Completes and maintains necessary filing, completes data entry and general clerical duties, compiles reports, processes paperwork and administers processes in accordance with prescribed guidelines and procedures.
- Follows established administrative protocols regarding project set-up in respective systems to ensure contracts, and other project related documentation are well organized, labeled, and filed.
- Supports the preparation and administration of agreements, addendums, fee letters and confidentiality agreements as requested.
- Maintains a polite and professional approach when referring or resolving client questions, concerns, or issues; Ensures responses or referrals to client needs are handled in a timely, effective, and efficient manner.
- Communicates information in a succinct and organized manner, produces written information that is appropriate for the intended audience.
- Completes work schedules, coordinates calendars, and arranges appointments.
- Prioritizes tasks effectively and manages time while meeting established deadlines.
- Supports and follows shipping and receiving processes/ protocols for the office or respective business unit.
- Ensures office or department is stocked with an appropriate inventory of supplies.
- Manages office related vendors effectively and appropriately to ensure office is well maintained.
- If applicable, executes on front desk, administrative tasks such as answering phone calls and greeting clients and visitors.
- Completes other assigned tasks within administrative role on an as needed/ requested basis.
- Allocates time and attention based on what is the most important to achieve key goals and objectives.
- Approaches work in an organized and systematic manner.
- Effectively manages tasks, information, and requests. Interacting with People at Different Levels
- Comfortable interacting with people at all levels of the organization.
- Adjusts style of conversation based on the audience.
- Uses words and messages appropriate given the background and interests of the people he/she is talking to.
- Adept at using computers and other forms of technology related to his/her job.
- Keeps up to date on technological changes.
- Adapts work approach to keep pace with innovations in technology.
POSITION COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS
- Accepts and follows directions from others. Respects authority. Complies with requests. Accepting Responsibility
- Takes accountability for delivering on commitments.
- Owns mistakes and uses them as opportunities for learning and development; openly discusses his/her actions and their consequences both good and bad.
EXPERIENCE & ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required. Certificate or related education/skill certification desired.
Experience: Entry level position
Other Knowledge and Skills: Basic understanding of accounting practices such as invoicing, billing, accounts receivables, accounts payable, and other project related accounting principles. Solid communication skills and basic knowledge of company products and operations.
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.