Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder is looking to add a Chief Inspector to our team in Augusta, ME.
SIGN ON BONUS UP TO $5,000 FOR QUALIFIED CANDIDATES
& IF HIRED, ELIGIBLE FOR EMPLOYEE REFERRAL BONUSES FOR REFERRED EMPLOYEES
We provide Construction Inspection services to a broad range of State, local and national clients. We are looking for individuals who are interested in in joining a dynamic team and building their career in the field of construction inspection. We currently are working on many transportation projects in ME and NH.
Qualified candidates should possess strong initiative, be able to perform routine to complex inspection in the field, and provide oversight and documentation of construction methods and contractor’s operations in order to verify conformance to construction plans and specifications. Experience with MaineDOT, NHDOT and Maine Turnpike are a plus.
The Chief Inspector will prepare daily reports and data sheets and may be called upon to perform various tasks at the discretion of the owner/supervisor.
- Sound implementation of construction policies and procedures. Direct all aspects of the construction process to meet Company goals.
- Monitor safety, compliance, productivity and workload as needed to maximize efficiencies and cost-effectiveness.
- Facilitate and support the construction process.
- Manage the utilization of resources to ensure safety, compliance and productivity. Monitor workload and re-balance as needed to maximize efficiencies and cost effectiveness.
- Ensure that all work is performed in accordance with Company standards and procedures Federal, DOT and OSHA; State and Local: codes, regulations and requirements.
- Ensure accurate documentation of work including SOP's, work order historicals, daily completion reporting, sketches, Operator Qualification, etc.
- Coordination of work packages to the team and ensuring representation on all projects before starting.
- Coordinate all Field Meetings necessary to progress the projects, including pre-construction meetings, safety meetings, notifications and all daily tail gate / daily safety brief meetings.
- Coordinate welding operations between CWI and Radiography contractor.
- Personal vehicle and valid driver’s license
- Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school required with course work in Building Inspection, Home Inspection, Construction Technology, Drafting and Mathematics. Bachelor’s degree preferred BUT experience will be reviewed and accepted for this position.
- Preferred certifications: ACI concrete certified, NETTCP paving certified, PCI certified and NACE level certification
- Experience with daily reporting to include electronic software such as Appia or Field manager software; must be able to submit in PDF format via e-mail, Excel version of Daily Report with daily photos contained in the report by completion of work day.
- Must have portable computer for field use and device capable of taking pictures (smart phone or digital camera)
- Five plus (5+) years of proven managerial experience with a focus on construction policies and practices.
- Technical competence to prudently apply and support construction operations while adhering to National Grid policies and procedures.
- Extensive knowledge of gas transmission and distribution systems, engineering, construction & maintenance practices, gas utilization equipment, gas metering; Federal, State, and Municipal Codes are essential.
- Familiarity with Construction standards, Work Methods, Rules for Safe Operation, and associated procedures.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are required, in addition to planning, organizing and computer skills.
- Prior experience dealing with diverse groups such as gas and/or electric customers, government officials, etc. in a tactful and diplomatic manner is vital.
- Ability to work Days or Nights.
- Ability to work extended work days and prolonged work weeks as needed.
- Ability to move work location as needed.
- Candidate must be fluent with Microsoft Office programs. In particular, Outlook, Word and Excel.
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.