Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder is hiring a Resident Engineer / Construction Manager for our Augusta, ME office.
SIGN ON BONUS UP TO $5,000 FOR QUALIFIED CANDIDATES
& IF HIRED, ELIGIBLE FOR EMPLOYEE REFERRAL BONUSES FOR REFERRED EMPLOYEES
We provide Construction Management services to a broad range of local and national clients. We are looking for individuals who are interested in in joining a dynamic team and building their career in the field of construction management and engineering.
Qualified candidates should possess strong initiative, be able to oversee safety around projects involving traffic control measures and awareness, and provide oversight and documentation of construction methods and contractor’s operations in order to verify conformance to construction plans and specifications.
Project experience should include engineering or construction management with state DOT’s (MaineDOT, NHDOT, &/or Maine Turnpike).
Job responsibilities include:
- Working knowledge of the principles and practices of Civil Engineering and Construction Methods, Materials and Equipment including state DOT Standards and Specifications.
- Ability to understand, explain and administer state DOT contracts
- Interpret construction plans, provisions, standards and specifications
- Train, coordinate and supervise subordinate employees
- Plan for and use resources efficiently, always look for ways to reduce costs, create accurate and realistic budgets, track and adjust budgets, contribute to budget planning.
- Identify and develop project opportunities for new work and/or expanded services for new and established clients.
- Follow and adhere to all federal and state regulations, client requirements and contracts, and company policies and procedures including but not limited to taxes, labor laws, safety, building codes, or environmental regulations.
- Establish project goals, milestones, and procedures, define roles and responsibilities, acquire project resources, coordinate projects throughout company, monitors project progress, manage multiple projects.
- Attention to detail and accuracy, committed to excellence, look for improvements continuously, monitor quality levels, find root cause of quality problems, own/act on quality problems.
- Provide oversight for state DOT on Locally Administered Federal Aid Projects.
- Operate with a high degree of independence, self-direction and initiative.
- Responsible for obtaining, verifying, and maintaining project documentation pertaining to daily quantities of work and work activities, record drawings, project events, correspondence, and recordkeeping.
- Responsible for reviewing and recommending acceptance of change proposals and will render impartial interpretations of the contract documents.
- Effective communication and contact with project personnel, client, municipal representatives, FHWA, utility companies, and the public.
- Supervise employees as assigned to ensure compliance of all work with proper documentation and sampling and testing frequencies as required.
- Computer skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and experience with electronic software for daily documentation (IE: Appia or field manager software)
- Minimum 6 years of related experience in state DOT construction inspection and management
- BS degree in civil engineering or equivalent combination of training and directly related experience will be considered.
- P.E. in Engineering BUT will consider years of project experience in lieu of PE for this position
- Valid state Driver’s License
- Ability to withstand extreme weather conditions and traverse rough, steep terrain while performing duties.
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.