Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder is seeking a Project Controls Cost Analyst to join our Oil & Gas Team to support effective execution of our long-term business development plan.
This position will be based in Houston, Texas.
The Key Accountabilities for this role include:
- Closely monitor project performance
- Monthly forecasting and monitoring of projects
- Investigating monthly mischarges.
- Determining the proper accounting and journal entry.
- Manage change orders and incorporate into monthly forecasts and communicate potential issues quickly to management
The ideal candidate will:
- Work primarily with assigned Project and Construction Managers to get monthly project forecasts and accruals.
- Assist Project Managers in DOA, committed dollars, reimbursements, material and invoice tracking.
- Maintain project information in SAP i.e. establishing and reporting project forecasts across the portfolio.
- Attend monthly meetings to report on monthly project variances.
- Develop and maintain technical data in spreadsheets and databases.
- Ability to utilize earned value techniques and methodologies as needed
- Work on special projects.
Knowledge & Experience Required:
- At least three years of relevant cost analyst experience with oil and gas industry desired
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel is required.
- Knowledge of SAP, and Business Objects required; Knowledge of Primavera is desired.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team.
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills capabilities.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- BS in Finance, Accounting or Engineering
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving skills with the ability to solve complex problems.
- Ability to administer, analyze, interpret, create, initiate, resolve and implement corporate policies, operating practices and procedures.
- Proficient skills in the use of a variety of computer software including the proven ability to develop and maintain complex spreadsheets and databases.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational and planning skills with the proven ability to manage multiple priorities and complex projects of significant scope.
- Ability to research, compile, coordinate, schedule, review, document, organize, verify data and conduct independent complex analysis, and identify inconsistencies.
- Demonstrate excellent analytical skills with the ability to manipulate data and statistics, evaluate, produce complex reports and make recommendations based on independent complex analysis.
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively both internally and externally to the organization; may include presentation skills.
- May act in a lead role for project/work assignment by providing guidance and/or direction to more junior level analysts.
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.