Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Corporate Services Director. This is a terrific opportunity for an IT executive to join and elite engineering leadership team.
The Corporate Services Director plans strategic execution of all MIS operations and related functions. He/She interfaces with internal MIS and business executives involving leading MIS hardware strategies, budget planning and management, systems availability, etc. The Director manages assigned staff, works independently or in conjunction with senior management/executive staff, uses knowledge of industry and/or professional guidelines and protocols to accomplish goals and objectives and solve abstract problems/difficult matters.
- Oversees vendor management including contract negotiations.
- Assesses risks and monitors quality of production systems, networks, and services at all sites.
- Sets goals and implements action plans for services and technology hardware management of all infrastructure systems and support functions within the IT department.
- Defines and manages technology plans, annual operating budgets, and proposal initiatives.
- Seeks opportunities to reduce operating expenses and leverages technology to achieve overall goals.
- Oversees the plans, direction, and coordination of activities to include: hardware configuration and computer programming.
- Makes decisions based on trend analysis and need for equipment/software.
- Aligns day to day activities around broader organizational goals and objectives.
- Prioritizes resources based on the strategic objectives of the organization.
- Recognizes and rewards people based on how their actions support the broader needs of the company.
Demonstrating Tenacity and Perseverance
- Maintains high levels of energy and enthusiasm over an extended amount of time.
- Does not give up when faced with challenging obstacles.
- Completes what he/she starts.
- Sees projects through to the end.
Driving for Results
- Aggressively pursues challenging goals and objectives.
- Will to put in considerable time and effort to accomplish objectives.
- Takes a highly focused, goal driven approach toward work.
Making Accurate Judgments and Decisions
- Bases decisions on a systematic review of relevant facts and information.
- Avoids making assumptions or rushing to judgment.
- Provides clear rationale for decisions.
Setting a Strategic Vision
- Identifies and articulates the strategic goals and direction of the company, division, or group.
- Establishes connections between short term goals and long-term objectives and directions.
Health & Safety
- Drives Health and Safety risk assessment and management through Major Project Risk Review process.
- Has ability to promote strong safety leadership through staff recognition and Division/Company safety recognition programs.
- Exhibits and promotes safety leadership qualities and manages risk effectively.
- Understands safety culture, metrics, and trends, and demonstrates leadership by collaborating with Health and Safety Team to develop and implement effective Health and Safety programs.
Education: BS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or equivalent in related field required. Master’s/MBA degree or equivalent in related field preferred.
Experience: 10–12 years progressive MIS experience, 7–8 years’ experience in consulting engineering firm or related service business and knowledge of applicable laws and regulations required. 6–7 years MIS management experience in a company of similar or larger size required. Proven employee development experience required.
Other Knowledge and Skills: Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Enterprise Agreements and Microsoft Azure cloud services. Experience managing large hosting and outsource agreements. Experience managing Deltek or other ERP system, billing, payroll, and etc. Understanding of SDLC practices. Demonstrated experience managing a geographically distributed team. Superior communication skills and in-depth knowledge of company operations and products. Broad and extensive knowledge and skills of systems, hardware, telecommunications (voice & data) and plan implementation to address capacity/scale, systems performance, and quality-based operations.
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.