Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
We foster an environment that is open, collaborative and rewarding for our employees. We strongly believe that our employees are the key driving force behind our success. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer a total rewards package that reflects each country’s unique culture. We believe in our employees’ long-term professional development and we offer a wealth of learning and networking opportunities, as well as participation in professional industry organizations. Giving back to our communities is important to our employee experience. Kleinfelder supports efforts that allow our employees to be involved in their communities.
The Kleinfelder Experience is defined by Industry Leadership, Teamwork, Transparency, Employee Returns, and Adventure. These are more than words—they are principles we live by and why we come to work each day. We invite you to join in this experience and come work with us, too!
Kleinfelder is seeking a Business Development (Proposal) Coordinator to join our San Diego office.
We are seeking a Business Development (Proposal) Coordinator with more than 3 years of experience working in the engineering, construction management, or architecture industry. The Proposal Coordinator will be responsible for the development and production of proposals and statement of qualifications in response to public agency procurement solicitations. This position requires strong organizational skills, writing and proofreading abilities (technical writing experience a plus), coordination with different teams and outside partners, and the ability to multi-task and handle multiple deadlines.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare and produce responsive and high-quality proposals and qualifications packages using Word, InDesign, or other Microsoft Office programs
- Proofread, edit, and format technical writing
- Create and manage proposal schedules
- Create presentations for interviews and conferences using PowerPoint
- Maintain/update marketing files, project database, and image database
- Customize staff resumes, project experience descriptions, and firm capability summaries
- Coordinate with external and internal teaming partners
- Recent experience in a proposal or marketing coordinator role for an A&E firm preferred, experience with SF330 and similar forms a plus.
- Excellent writing, editing, and communications skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat) a huge plus.
- Ability to create and use graphics to enhance written content and presentations.
- Ability to work on multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to coordinate and work with multiple project managers and stakeholders.
- Ability to create and manage production schedules.
- Willingness to work overtime as necessary.
- Commitment to high quality work and a strong attention to detail.
- All types of creativity is a huge plus! We love creative people!
- 3+ years of experience working in the engineering, construction management, or architecture industry.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment.
- Ability to follow established standards.
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.