Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
We foster an environment that is open, collaborative and rewarding for our employees. We strongly believe that our employees are the key driving force behind our success. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer a total rewards package that reflects each country’s unique culture. We believe in our employees’ long-term professional development and we offer a wealth of learning and networking opportunities, as well as participation in professional industry organizations. Giving back to our communities is important to our employee experience. Kleinfelder supports efforts that allow our employees to be involved in their communities.
Kleinfelder's is seeking a Marketing Pursuit Leader to support our Business Development efforts. This position is available in our Rancho Cordova, California office.
The ideal candidate has:
- An excellent grasp of marketing fundamentals, visual communications, and knowledge of theoretical and practical developments in the A/E industry.
- The ability to develop win themes and be able to integrate them throughout a proposal.
- Strong grammar and writing skills.
- The creative ability to design appropriate and relevant graphics.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple assignments under set deadlines.
- The ability to demonstrate and provide critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- The flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and direction in a dynamic work environment.
- A "client service" mindset and work in close partnership with technical professionals (scientists, architects, and engineers).
- The desire to continuously learn and grow into greater responsibility within the organization.
Responsibilities and competencies:
- Manage, plan, and coordinate a variety of marketing activities to support Business Development activities involved in the preparation and writing of marketing proposals, client interviews and presentations, strategic planning processes, and/or other client-focused submittals in accordance with Kleinfelder’s brand standards and style guide.
- Assist Business Development Managers, Client Account Managers, and Segment Managers in assessing the needs of client development and implement processes and programs to support these needs.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the firm's strategic goals, key staff, significant projects, and target audiences to facilitate efficient proposal/pursuit efforts.
- Display creativity in applying graphics (such as photos, graphs, charts, tec.) to improve communication in written documents. Partner and give direction to the design team as needed.
- Create, gather, research, and organize information from many sources to generate business development documents and presentations. Must synthesize disparate data from multiple sources into coherent documents.
- Create and modify existing materials and write content to effectively communicate services, capabilities, and market messages.
- Assist technical professionals in tracking and driving marketing pursuits; from identification of opportunities, through proposal preparation, to winning and contracting the project pursuit.
- Coordinate with internal and external team members.
- Serve as central resource of marketing materials and information.
- Maintain marketing information systems.
- Coordinates efforts across Kleinfelder offices nationwide.
- Develop and implement budget guidelines for future and ongoing pursuit efforts.
- Minimum experience: 5 years of marketing experience with a professional services firm.
- Bachelor’s degree (English, Marketing, Journalism or Communications preferred).
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office required and Adobe InDesign preferred.
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.