Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder’s Global Headquarters in San Diego is seeking a creative, highly talented, Senior Desktop Support Analyst to join our growing company.
The chosen candidate will have the opportunity to provide exceptional customer service to our internal clients as a Tier II point of contact for any Information Technology issues/needs to multiple offices within their region. They will also provide mentorship to more junior level staff and have the growth opportunity to own and manage an internal technology service. This position requires excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently as part of a dynamic team that supports Kleinfelder’s users both locally as well as remotely across the globe. As the face of the IT organization, the ideal candidate will be adept at building and maintaining strong relationships within the business.
Additional responsibilities in this role include:
- PC Hardware deployment, maintenance, turnover and asset management.
- New office set up, existing office relocations and acquisition work.
- Ability to analyze and resolve end-user hardware, software and connectivity issues with a genuine sense of urgency.
- Displaying creativity when faced with more complex issues, including suggestions for process improvement where warranted.
- Liaise with managers and facilitate regular teaching/training sessions with customers as well as their IT peers.
- Excellent customer relationship, communication and interpersonal skills. Must have a passion about customer service and a commitment to exceeding expectations.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work effectively in a high volume, fast paced environment.
- Maintains a positive disposition and outlook as well as a professional image.
- Ability communicate technical concepts and issues in layman’s terms.
- Hands on experience in server rooms, from mounting and cabling hardware to supporting and verifying office internet circuits
- AS degree in Information Technology/related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years of IT related experience
- Previous customer service experience
- Ability and desire to communicate with clients effectively and efficiently via telephone, email, IM or in person
- Ability to travel quarterly to client sites (up to 20%)
- BS degree in Information Technology or related field
- 2+ years helpdesk and PC support environment experience
- Certifications such as A+, Network+, Security+, ITIL v3, MCP, MCSE
- Advanced knowledge of and experience troubleshooting/supporting Windows 7/10/Server operating systems/O365/OneDrive/Skype for Business & SharePoint Online
- ServiceNow experience
- Microsoft SCCM & Intune experience
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.