Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder’s Pittsburgh office is seeking a creative, highly talented, experienced Mid-Level Geotechnical Engineer to join our growing company. Our Pittsburgh office offers a wide range of challenging project work and a great opportunity to develop professionally.
In this role, the ideal candidate will have the opportunity to work as part of a solid team while helping mentor more junior level team members. The position includes trouble shooting field issues, working on geotechnical calculations and analysis and report writing. To be successful in this role, it is crucial that the chosen candidate have the ability to organize priorities and multi-task effectively, a thirst to learn and achieve continuous improvement in a team environment, and a can-do attitude and problem-solving mindset.
Daily activities include but are not limited to the basic components of the delivery of a fundamental geotechnical investigation including:
- organization and performance of the field investigation,
- assignment of the appropriate lab testing,
- performance of the associated engineering analyses under the Professional Engineer’s (PE) guidance,
- preparation of the geotechnical report,
- ability to work with design teams to incorporate geotechnical aspects into site designs, and
- demonstrate experience with, or the ability to readily learn earthwork and foundation construction observation.
- BS in Civil Engineering with EIT
- 5+ years of engineering consulting experience with a focus in geotechnical engineering (including site grading, erosion / sedimentation control or stormwater management)
- 2+ years of field experience (drilling, boring sampling, data collections)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Regional geotechnical experience
- Ability to travel up to 40% - including to project sites (drilling & construction observation assignments as needed) and to other Kleinfelder offices
- PE licensure
- MS in Geotechnical Engineering
- Construction experience
- Experience with CAD, gINT, Lpile, and SlopeW software
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules).
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.