Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder’s Boston MA office is seeking a creative, talented, entry level Structural Engineer or Engineer in Training (EIT) to support a variety of projects nationally. This position is within a high-paced, growing sector of our business, offers a great opportunity for growth and is a terrific opportunity to jump start your career.
Kleinfelder’s office is located downtown Boston, central to public transportation with a vibrant culture and energy reflective of the city itself. You will be working side-by-side with other professionals and engineers who are actively providing comradery, mentoring, technical guidance and overall supporting your career development. Kleinfelder encourages and is committed to our employee’s career advancement including obtaining professional engineering (PE) licenses as needed.
As an entry-level engineer, you will perform engineering work on projects including plans, reports, and specifications; analyses and calculations; and independent evaluation, selection and recommendation of techniques, procedures, and criteria to perform technical tasks, field tasks, studies, and analyses.
As part of the assigned duties the Engineer will perform structural engineering design with integrity and a drive to succeed. The successful candidate will be required to ensure high client service by providing constructible designs and meeting deadlines.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent people and written skills, be results-driven, with an excellent attitude and can communicate effectively to multiple audiences and work at times on multidisciplinary teams.
- Perform calculations
- Prepare contract drawings and specifications
- Estimate costs
- Review shop drawings and erection procedures
- Perform construction administration duties
- Be able to troubleshoot and problem-solve with practical, client-focused solutions
- Be able to interface with the civil design team to develop and value-engineer practical, fit-for-use engineering solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or structural engineering
- 0-2 years of structural engineering experience
- Coursework in structural engineering or previous structural engineering internship experience
- Working knowledge of structural engineering applications (SAP, ETABS, STAAD, RAM Steel)
- Master’s degree in civil or structural engineering
- Previous experience engineering small to medium industrial and/or commercial building structures, including knowledge of the design of steel, concrete, prestressed concrete, timber and masonry
- Structural inspection and condition assessment experience
- IBC Code knowledge
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.