Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, architects, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, building, water, energy, and other infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose - together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder’s Pennsylvania and New Jersey operations are looking to add a GIS Analyst to join our team. This role can be filled in any of the following office locations: Exton, PA, Hamilton, NJ, or Princeton, NJ.
This candidate would support our environmental and construction related work that includes environmental assessment / remediation, land repurposing at industrial facilities; water and stormwater management; and climate change resiliency planning including coastal flooding, riverine flooding, and urban canopy analysis. This candidate will be responsible for developing GIS mapping, managing large datasets, data analytics, and graphics development.
This candidate will transform existing information, GPS field data, and other data resources into working documents using GIS and CAD software, complete complex assignments requiring knowledge of advanced GIS and CAD techniques, review maps, drawings and designs to ensure adherence to established specifications and standards.
The ideal candidate will have experience in a multi-editor environment leveraging ESRI technologies who possess abilities to organize, analyze and illustrate geospatial data through the ESRI ArcGIS for Desktop, AutoCAD and mapping grade GPS.
The candidate should also:
- Demonstrate knowledge in principles of geography/cartography, including coordinate systems and projections, map composition, geo-processing tools, geocoding, linear referencing, routing, networks, raster data, CAD-GIS interaction, symbology, spatial statistics, web-based mapping applications, and WMS/web services.
- Be proficient in GIS spatial analysis, data management, data conversion, and map automation and production using Python / Model Builder with ArcGIS 10.x Desktop or ArcGIS 10.x Server. Integrate a wide range of mapping and GIS capabilities online or offline, including editing, geocoding, routing, and data visualization.
- Be experienced publishing and configuring ArcGIS Server / ArcGIS Online / ArcGIS Portal hosted feature services for optimization in field data capture, ArcGIS Collector, and Navigator, are strongly desired.
- Have demonstrated skills in database setup, geodatabase principles, query building and reporting using one or more of the following database tools (MS-Access, SQL, Oracle). Ability to build custom data queries and ability to suggest improved data presentation and graphics.
- Candidate should have experience communicating GIS information externally through ArcGIS Online, MapBox, and/or Leaflet and various dashboard applications such as PowerBI, Tableau/Qlikview.
The following competencies describe a desirable candidate:
- Expresses ideas and information in a clear and concise manner.
- Delivers information in a manner that is interesting and compelling to the listener.
- Able to relate to all kinds of people regardless of background.
Delivering High Quality Work
- Perform tasks according to detailed protocols with clear and accurate documentation.
- Identify problems that could impact quality.
- Checks own work product to confirm compliance with requirements and expectations.
Serving Internal and External Clients
- Stays aware of client needs, concerns and satisfaction.
- Responds promptly to client questions and requests.
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Breaks down problems into manageable components.
- Clarifies information or additional resources needed to solve problems.
EXPERIENCE & ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Geography, Environmental Science, GIS or a related field including courses in GIS. Preference given to candidates with a Master’s degree or equivalent in related field and GIS Professional (GISP) certification.
Experience: 5-10 years of experience fulfilling the job expectations outlined.
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.