Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder Construction Services is looking for a Public Relations Specialist to join our Team!
The PR assistant is an entry level public relations position that works closely with senior staff to fulfill client needs. The PR assistant will work with the public relations team to ensure smooth running of the division in daily tasks and as it relates to the entire firm. The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications or journalism. The candidate should have strong writing, research and organization skills, be willing to adjust to a variety of client temperaments and personalities and be willing to go above and beyond the call of duty in order to complete a project accurately and on time.
- Assist the PR team in the implementation of PR programs for clientele
- General office administration tasks
- Implementation of outreach plans
- Manage Social Media (SM) platforms for clients
- Document all Social Media metrics and prepare monthly reports for KLF|SWE and clients
- Assist with research and ascertainment pertaining to PR planning
- Respond to requests for information from the media or designate another appropriate information source
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with representatives of community, employee, and public interest groups
- Manage/maintain databases and project helplines
- Create and distribute press releases and information alerts
- Assist in planning and implementation of milestone events
- Develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize and accomplish work
- Represent the company or clients at public meetings when necessary
- Maintain good inter-departmental communication and a positive relationship with employees to promote employee satisfaction
- Maintain outside vendor and service provider relationships
- Assist with preparing developing and/or producing PR proposals in response to client RFPs
- Collaborate with Marketing in the production and delivery of all PR proposals
- Perform other duties as needed POSITION COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS
Building and Supporting Teams
- Shows enthusiasm toward being a member of the group.
- Actively participates in team meetings and activities.
- Has a can-do attitude and will do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Supports the team in all activities both internal and external.
- Ability to flourish in an environment of constant change
- Highly developed teamwork skills
- Coordination Activities
- Communicates project goals, timelines, and milestones.
- Ability to be a self-starter, detail oriented and well organized
- Let’s people know what they need to accomplish.
- Identifies project interdependencies and potential resource constraints.
- Follows up with others to ensure they are on track to meet project goals.
- Must be able to coordinate and track multiple tasks for concurrent projects, keeping each deadline and project goal on schedule
- Ability to thrive in team-oriented environment
- Strong, effective communicator
- Exceptional writer and strong verbal communications skills
- Comfortable interacting with people at all levels of the organization.
- Adjusts style of conversation based on the audience.
- Uses words and messages appropriate given the background and interests of the people he/she is talking to.
EXPERIENCE & ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS
Education: Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications or journalism required.
Experience: 1 – 3 years related progressively complex experience, preferably with public relations experience in consulting engineering firm or related service business.
Other Knowledge and Skills: Demonstrated experience working in social media, Google Analytics, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, Google+, blogs and other social networking sites preferred. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. High-level proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel. Must be highly organized and have strong desire to work in a team-driven atmosphere. Strong research skills preferred. Must be able to clearly articulate ideas and concepts verbally, graphically, and in writing.
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.