Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder, a long-standing industry leader in western Washington, is looking for a construction inspector to join our Seattle, Washington office in support of various projects throughout the Puget Sound. In addition to the opportunity to work on some of the largest and most interesting projects in the area, Kleinfelder also offers:
- Competitive Wages;
- Benefits, including medical, dental, vision, & life insurance; HSA & FSA; 401K; paid holidays; and paid time off (PTO);
- Certification training and professional development (WABO, ICC, ACI, AWS, etc.);
- Employee referral bonuses;
- Career advancement opportunities with one of the largest and most respected firms in the industry.
Consideration for this position requires the following certifications or experience:
- A minimum of two years of related construction or inspection experience as a tradesman, superintendent, project engineer or inspector.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Able to use a company provided laptop or tablet computer and a working knowledge of MS Office programs (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- A good work ethic, attention to detail, and high level of personal integrity.
- Authorization to work in the United States.
In addition to the above required certifications, hiring preference will be given to those with the following certifications or experience:
- ICC certification for plumbing, electrical, mechanical, or building inspection (or equivalent from similar certifying agency).
- Associates degree or higher in construction management, construction technology, or related engineering field.
- A professional engineer (P.E.) registration in the State of Washington. Similarly a Engineer-In-Training (EIT) is preferred.
Hiring for this position is contingent on securing client approval of candidate’s experience and background.
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.