Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder is seeking a Transportation / DOT CEI Program Manager for our Texas operations.
Project experience should include serving as the Owner's on-site representative on heavy civil engineering projects including utility construction, roadway construction and structure projects.
Background should include serving TxDOT as an Area Engineer or in a similar capacity. The ideal candidate will have:
- Working knowledge of the principles and practices of Civil Engineering and Construction Methods, Materials and Equipment including TxDOT CEI Procedures, Standards and Specifications.
- The ability to understand, explain and administer TxDOT contracts especially related to final project certifications on federally funded projects.
- Ability to interpret construction plans, provisions, standards and specifications, document deficiencies and follow them through to satisfactory conclusion.
- Ability to train, coordinate and supervise subordinate employees.
- Ability to represent Kleinfelder to TxDOT and various municipalities, the public and the media in regard to execution and close out of State and Federally funded construction projects.
- Experience having full responsibility of budget and planning.
- Monitor, inspect, sample, measure, attend, observe or conduct tests and investigations, and conduct any other oversight respecting any part or aspect of the Project or the Work.
- Lead and direct multiple members of the Kleinfelder team including subordinate inspectors and engineers as well as subcontractors in the execution of transportation construction projects with State and Federal funding.
- Operate with a high degree of independence, self-direction and initiative.
- Responsible for obtaining, verifying, and maintaining project documentation pertaining to daily work activities, record drawings, project events, correspondence, and recordkeeping.
- Responsible for reviewing and recommending acceptance of change proposals and will render impartial interpretations of the contract documents.
- Effective communication and contact with project personnel, client, utility companies, and the public.
- Supervise employees as assigned to ensure compliance of all work with proper documentation and sampling and testing frequencies as required.
- Manage other duties as assigned.
- Identify and track potential projects, identify / develop teaming partners for project pursuits, prepare qualification packages and proposals, develop / maintain client relations, manage staff and ensure project delivery.
- Required to be a registered and licensed professional engineer in the state of Texas at the time of the RFQ submittal deadline or within six months of Notice of Award per the Texas Engineering Practice Act.
- Must have TxDOT pre-qualifications (at a minimum) in:
11.1.1 Roadway Construction Management and Inspection
11.2.1 Major Bridge Construction Management and Inspection
12.1 Materials Testing
12.1.1 Asphalt Concrete
12.1.2 Portland Cement Concrete
12.2.1 Plant Inspection and Testing
15.1 Right of Way Surveys
15.2.1 Design and Construction Survey
- Demonstrated successful past experience with similar responsibilities.
- Computer skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook and TxDOT’s, SharePoint, and Primavera a plus.
- 15 years of related experience, 5-10 years project management experience and knowledge of applicable laws and regulations required. 3-5 years supervisory/management experience required.
- Experience as a TxDOT Area Engineer preferred.
- Valid state Driver’s License required.
- Ability to withstand extreme weather conditions and traverse rough, steep terrain while performing duties.
Education: BS degree in civil engineering or related.
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.