Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
- Provides contract review, analysis and recommendations to the organization on all contractual documents including drafting terms, payment options, and prime contract compliance.
- Reviews signature authority, insurance requirements and specialized provisions including prime federal contracts, federal subcontracts, joint venture agreements, master services agreements, teaming and cooperative agreements, and independent contractor agreements.
- Negotiates contract changes with clients. Reviews and drafts contracting forms, subcontracts for project management staff.
- Researches clients’ information, governmental and statutory requirements. Assists project management staff in the resolution of acceptable contract language.
- Participates on as-needed basis in collections, disputes, contract interpretation, and proposal.
- Evaluates contracts during RFP process to determine project feasibility, company risk, and compatibility with business goals.
- Provides overall recommendations as well as identifies any areas of improvement or revision and/or provides alternative approaches to mitigate risk.
- Conducts contracts training for senior project management staff.
- Follows and adheres to all federal and state regulations, client requirements and contracts, and company policies and procedures including but not limited to taxes, labor laws, safety, building codes, or environmental regulations.
- Minimum of 5+ years of related experience preferred
- Knowledge of applicable regulations, local, state and discipline relevant laws
- Minimum of 2 years of contract administration experience within the engineering industry
- Associates degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Business Administration or similar field preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of risk/project management
- Knowledge of contract law
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.