Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder’s Denver, CO office is seeking a creative, highly talented, Geotechnical Engineer to become a technical expert in its geotechnical engineering discipline in Colorado. Colorado offices are supporting major transportation, oil and gas, renewables, power, and water projects in Colorado and other locations nationally. This position will collaborate with the Colorado leadership in geotechnical technical delivery, staff mentoring, and ensuring delivery of industry-specific solutions to our clients.
The successful candidate will be responsible for working with internal and external teams. As part of the assigned duties the technical expert will perform geotechnical engineering design, project proposal writing, technical report writing, and technical task management duties with integrity and a drive to succeed. The successful candidate will be required to ensure high client service by providing constructible designs, meeting deadlines, answering technical questions, and creating clear communications with our clients, and Kleinfelder’s Geotechnical Team.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to work independently or in multidisciplinary teams
- Have experience guiding staff engineers in performing material and site characterization, seepage, slope stability, seismic requirements, and settlement analyses, etc.
- Have experience in assigning laboratory testing, preparing geotechnical reports, drawings, and specifications for foundations and earthwork for a wide range of projects including transportation, water, solar, oil and gas, wind, retail, hospitality, commercial, etc.
- Have experience supervising field observation, testing, and performing site visits
- Be able to pro-actively troubleshoot and problem-solve with practical, client-focused solutions
- Be able to interface with the civil and structural design team to develop and value-engineer practical, fit-for-use geotechnical engineering solutions
- Have experience assisting project managers and business leadership with developing strategic pursuits and geotechnical proposals
- Be able to organize priorities and multi-task effectively
- Be able to collaborate with Regional leadership and Project Managers to resource delivery effectively
- Possess a thirst to learn and achieve continuous improvement in a team environment
- Candidates are required to have at least 10-15 years of related experience, experience in Colorado a plus
- Proven experience in geotechnical design, slope stability, design of shallow, mat, and deep foundations, horizontal direction drilling, design of retaining walls, and large earthmoving projects.
- Knowledgeable in design codes such as AASHTO, AREMA, Colorado DOT Highway Design Manual, Bridge Design Manual, Geotechnical Design Manual, and Construction Manual as well as applicable building codes
- Proven experience in preparing proposals, and writing, signing, and sealing Geotechnical Reports
- Bachelor of Science in Civil, Geotechnical, or Geological Engineering
- Colorado Professional Engineering License (Licensed in another State with the ability to obtain a Colorado license may be acceptable)
The expected salary range for the position is displayed in accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Final agreed upon compensation is based upon individual qualifications and experience.
Salary range: $76,398-$127,293
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off, holidays, education reimbursement, and consideration for an annual bonus.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.