Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder is seeking a Solar Development Client Account Manager!
We are excited to present a challenging career opportunity for an accomplished and energetic professional to join our team as a major Client Account Manager (CAM) to help shape Kleinfelder’s future in this booming Renewable Energy/Solar market. This seasoned professional will foster relationships with top Solar Development clients and teaming partners, work closely with our local operations throughout the country and will lead the development of client-centric delivery teams that will position us for extraordinary growth into the future.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Drive sales from a select group of targeted clients.
- Understand the clients’ business needs and develop innovative value-added solutions and cost-effective recommendations to exceed the clients’ needs.
- Coordinate project delivery and proposal teams with clear and succinct communication as to the client requirements and differentiation strategies.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients and teaming partners in providing engineering, construction and professional consulting services in a trusted advisory role.
- Proactively network with clients, teaming partners and industry partners to understand the market trends, needs and future opportunities that creates a Return on the Investment.
- Maintain awareness of industry economic information and project development information such as interconnection applications within targeted geographic regions.
- Work well in a matrixed work environment, interacting with both business development and operations teams, as well as maintaining close communications with the client to represent their needs effectively.
- Effectively work with our operations teams to write engineering scopes of work (pen to paper) and coordinate appropriate pricing in response to identified opportunities and official requests for proposals.
The Client Account Manager (CAM) will focus on advancing the relationship with targeted Solar and Renewable Energy clients in geotechnical, design engineering, environmental planning and permitting as well as related services to provide clients with full-service engineering and environmental services. The CAM will thoroughly understand the client’s business needs to develop innovative solutions and sound recommendations to meet their needs. We are seeking a professional with proven existing relationships (working toward $3 million-plus account size) in the geotechnical engineering, environmental consulting, civil engineering or similar professional consulting services.
Skills must include:
- Strong leadership and teamwork.
- Knowledge of and experience in the Solar development industry.
- Technical expertise to assist in proposal writing and pricing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Pro-active problem solving.
- Strong business acumen.
- Dedication to safety and regulatory compliance.
9-10 years of progressive leadership in the Renewable Energy market: pre-development, engineering, and construction. 6-7 years of direct client interaction within the Renewable Energy market. 5+ years of management experience desired
Education and Certification:
- BS/BA degree in engineering or related technical field.
- Professional Engineering registration is preferred, but not necessary.
The expected salary range for the position is displayed in accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Final agreed upon compensation is based upon individual qualifications and experience.
Salary range: $113,400-$188,937
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off, holidays, education reimbursement, and consideration for an annual bonus.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.