Poggemeyer Design Group, a Kleinfelder Company, is currently searching for multiple construction observers / inspectors for a waterline and water treatment construction project in Southern Ohio.
Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
This position will require the individual to work out of a field office in St. Clairesville, Ohio for 15 to 18 months, starting in Jan-Mar of 2021. The inspector will be a part of a team working with the support of a strong technical staff and will use their expertise, technical knowledge and skills in construction and inspection to monitor the construction project. Tasks will include management, QA/QC and reports / documentation of construction activities.
- Monitor quality of work, testing procedures and construction techniques and daily activity reports, which includes monitoring all subconsultant activity.
- Must stick to completion schedule, safety procedures and report violations.
- Will inspect materials and maintain compliance with approved plans / specs
- This role will represent the client / owner
- Will attend meetings – Pre-construction, weekly meetings, progress meetings, safety meetings
- Written & Oral Communication with Engineer, client, contractors
- Quantity Estimates
- Will review shop drawing submittals, RFI / change orders, and pay applications
- Must keep a punch list
- Ensure emergency vehicle access and night lighting / barricade procedures are followed
- Follow codes and regulations as set by the project
Considerations for this position requires the following education, certifications or experience:
- Ten years minimum of related construction experience – underground and/or vertical
- Construction Management Experience
- Associate Degree in Construction Management or Engineering Tech
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Project Management desired
- Must have excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Must adhere to company policies
- Able to use a company provided laptop or tablet computer and a working knowledge of MS Office programs (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Confined space entry certification
- Scaffold safety training
In addition to the above required certifications and experience, hiring preference will be given to those with the following:
- Experience with underground utilities installation and/or Water / Wastewater treatment plant construction
- Ability to work in a variety of weather
- OSHA Safety Training Certification preferred
Poggemeyer Design Group, a Kleinfelder Company offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Poggemeyer Design Group, a Kleinfelder Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.