Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder is seeking a design civil engineer to join our Denver, CO team. With expanding opportunities in the region in a variety of different industries, the ideal candidate will join our high achieving, fast-paced team.
Under supervision and working with experienced staff, the successful candidate will complete civil engineering designs and the generation of professional plans and specifications, technical calculations, exhibits and reports in the following areas:
- Solar Site Grading & Storm Drainage
- Trenchless Installation Methods such as Horizontal Directional Drilling
- Erosion and Sediment Control
- Storm Water Best Management Practices
- Variety of Civil 3D Plans, maps, and bills of materials
And will support clients by:
- Evaluating design alternatives to solve constructability, code, and site challenges.
- Preparing meeting minutes and communicating schedule updates to Project Controls.
- Performing site visits to perform job scoping and coordinate with survey crews, SUE, Geotech, etc.
- Reviewing encroacher’s design plans for potential conflicts and suggest required accommodation.
Position will also interact with PMs and senior technical staff to complete a variety of project related tasks including leading permitting efforts and procurement documentation preparation and completion.
- 4-8 years of experience in civil engineering
- 2-3 years of experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter who can work independently and with team members
- B.S. in Civil Engineering from an accredited institution or acceptable equivalent
- PE License or ability to obtain within 6 months preferred
- Ability to engage in multiple projects to complete successful requirement deliveries
- Ability to organize priorities and multi-task effectively,
- Pro-actively troubleshoot and problem-solve with practical, client-focused solutions
- Experience dealing with regulatory agencies and review professionals
The expected salary range for the position is displayed in accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Final agreed upon compensation is based upon individual qualifications and experience.
Salary range: $52,525-$87,614
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off, holidays, education reimbursement, and consideration for an annual bonus.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.