Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives – managing the entire project lifecycle from project inception through design, permitting, construction and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder is seeking an Environmental Specialist to join our Environmental Remediation Team.
As an Environmental Specialist you will work in our team-oriented environment, helping to provide our clients with support on a diverse range of engineering and environmental projects and be expected to operate with a high degree of independence, self-direction and initiative.
Serving in both a public and client-facing capacity, the successful candidate must have a positive attitude and the ability to communicate effectively with project management, clients, regulators, contractors and sub-consultants.
Required Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, geology, or similar and 1 to 3 years in the environmental consulting field
- Knowledge of NY regulations
- Ability to work and travel in and around NYC
- Ability to effectively coordinate field work, interact with clients, stakeholders and contractors, and schedule coordination.
- Excellent verbal, written, and technical communications; ability to develop clear and concise reports, procedures, and correspondence internally and externally for public agencies and for clients.
- Must be able to handle change, and be able to prioritize, organize and manage multiple project assignments with aggressive schedules simultaneously.
- 40-hour OSHA Certification required
Additional Responsibilities include:
- Independently oversee remediation work within NYC
- Willing to travel throughout New York and mid-west;
- Coordination of subcontractor activities;
- Quality control of field data collection to ensure consistency with established procedures;
- Public relations and notifications of ongoing and upcoming field activities;
- Report Preparation;
- Monitor safety activities of contractors performing work at the site;
- Performing a variety of field assignments, as needed.
This position offers a great opportunity for an individual who is eager to be involved with a diverse portfolio of projects within the Energy market.
We do require that candidates for this position have 1 to 3 years working specifically within NY for public and private clients, a Bachelor’s degree, possess excellent communication and writing skills, and have familiarity with Microsoft Office.
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.