Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder Construction Service is seeking experienced Construction Stormwater Inspector to join our growing CM team for current and future transportation and/or public works projects in the Inland Empire!
- Perform field and office activities involving storm water monitoring and report writing
- Field activities will include (but are not limited to)
- Construction site inspections of erosion and sediment controls
- Meet with contractors and clients to discuss findings of field activities
- Site specific solutions for projects
- Office activities to include
- Project tracking and organization of field data
- Preparation or modification of erosion/sediment control plans
- Coordination with project teams on pollution prevention methods
- Researching pollution topics
- Uploading information to state and client databases
- Foster/Maintain collaborate work environment
- Be able to work outside in all weather conditions
- Ability to work independently, make decisions effectively concerning construction work in progress, and solve field problems
- Ability to coordinate with various agencies and departments
- Knowledge of Best Management Practices (BMP) regulations and basic SWPPP devices
- Proficient at reading and interpreting plans & specifications
- Knowledge of Caltrans construction practices preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written are required
- Excellent organization and problem solving skills are essential
- Professional approach at developing strong client relations
- Registered Professional Engineer, Civil, in California or Engineer-in-Training (EIT) Certificate, preferred.
- BS degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management preferred
- 3+ years of field storm water and/or inspection experience in transportation and/or public works projects
- QSP and/or QSD certification
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word and Excel
- Position requires candidate be pro-active and personable
- Ability to learn quickly and assist with applicable tasks
- Ability to work in a team environment
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder. degree in civil/structural engineering, construction management, or a construction related field preferred.