Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder Construction Services is seeking an experienced Structures Representative to join our Construction Management team and to manage and continue expanding our successful portfolio of current and future projects in the Inland Empire. This is an excellent opportunity for a talented professional to grow into a leadership and management role in our well-established firm. Why consider a role with Kleinfelder? Not only are we well-established in the industry, but our culture embodies responsibility, accountability, and authority – the pillars of leadership in action! You will have the opportunity to work side by side with experts, you will be part of a team where your ideas will be heard and where you will have the ability maintain a healthy work-life-balance.
Responsibilities as the Structures Representative include the following:
- Manage/administer construction of bridges and structural components of transportation projects.
- Assist in inspections to verify compliance with contract plans, specifications, and special provisions on all aspects of structural construction such as bridges, foundations, walls, falsework, shoring, and drainage structures.
- Provide direction to Assistant Structures Representatives and Inspectors.
- Utilize 4 scale drawings to develop/check critical bridge grades.
- Monitor and inspect pre-stressing operations.
- Review shop drawings such as falsework, shoring, and pre-stressed concrete.
- Assist in the preparation of contract change orders, contract estimates, progress pay estimates, and other documents or reports required for the Project.
- Coordinate the sampling and testing of construction materials to monitor compliance with contract specifications.
- Monitor and track contractor progress. Prepare daily, weekly, and monthly reports as required.
- Coordinate with Resident Engineer, as well as the construction staking and material testing consultants.
- Verify that contractor is in compliance with contract documents.
- Prepare various Structures Construction Reports.
- Preparation of daily diaries and quantity sheets.
- Read and interpret plans & specifications.
- Minimum 6 years of bridge or structural construction inspection as related to major public works projects and a minimum of 4 years as a Structures Representative on major public works projects required
- Specific project experience with Caltrans, SANDAG, OCTA, SBCTA, TCA and/or other southern California municipalities very desirable
- Knowledge of stress analysis, structural mechanics, and strength of materials.
- Knowledge of Caltrans construction practices and the physical characteristics and properties of various bridge construction materials including concrete.
- Experience in the following areas: foundations, pile driving, concrete prestressing, bridge deck construction, cast-in-place and MSE walls construction, falsework, and shoring.
- Ability to work independently. Ability to perform duties in the construction field office and effectively make decisions concerning construction work in progress and solving field problems.
- Ability to direct the efforts of Assistant Structures Representatives and Inspectors.
- Ability to use an automatic level and transit for the purpose of verifying line and grade.
- Thorough understanding of Caltrans field methods, practices, and construction office procedures.
- Proficient at reading and interpreting plans & specifications.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written are required.
- Excellent organization and problem solving skills are essential.
- Professional approach at developing strong client relations.
- B.S. Civil Engineering or related required. PE in California required
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.