Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder Construction Services is seeking experienced Resident Engineers (Rail) to join our team! The responsibility of the Resident Engineer (Rail) is to manage construction contracts for rail projects located in the Sacramento and outlying areas.
- Manage and supervise a construction management team for all phases of the construction, consisting of field office, construction inspection, and specialty field staff. Provide engineering and technical control of the construction contract.
- Conduct reviews and verifications of construction schedules.
- Manage construction change orders and claims.
- Conduct project meetings, prepare project reports and documentation.
- Serve as point of contact for the contractor, project owner, and project stakeholders.
- To check and review Contractor’s Project Execution Plan, Health & Safety Plan, Quality Control Plan, Method Statements and other documents;
- To review and verify site records, reports and as-built drawings
- To promote and support in the monitoring and implementation of Safety, Health and Environment policies and plan relating to compliance with SHE documents approved by Client.
- To advise on any deficiencies of safety aspects in subcontractor’s work method statement and to ensure all hold points for the SHE critical elements (e.g. temporary works) are observed;
- To provide support on any incident/accident and its investigate as required
- To direct and supervise the execution of all technical, fiscal and administrative functions of the project and the site team
- Working with Client’s Program Managers and their internal staff to develop budgets, schedules and plans for the various elements of the project
- To seek resolution of Non Compliance Reports (NCR) which may have an advise impact on the quality and work progress and to provide support on any incident/accident and its investigate
- To prepare monthly reports on the quality of the works
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders including contractors and local authorities to facilitate the construction activities;
- To manage the start-up, commissioning and handover of the Work, including maintaining records of the project milestones
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management
- California Professional Engineer’s license
- A minimum of 10 years of progressive experience with at least 5 years as Resident Engineer on major infrastructure projects, particularly railway civil works, transit stations, bridges and elevated structures with a broad general engineering background.
- Specific project experience working with major Rail Agencies within California, e.g. Metrolink, BNSF, UPRR, Amtrak, MTS and/or NCTD very desirable
- Knowledge of FRA, FTA, CPUC, AREMA, and other rail regulatory standards and procedures
- Knowledge of standards and specifications for public works projects
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Computer literate, experienced with Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project and related PC software packages used on design and construction projects
- Proactive and personable
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.