Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
The Houston, TX office has an immediate opening for an Environmental Engineer with the career goal of continued technical growth!
The successful candidate will work with a dynamic team of environmental professionals to develop and implement innovative technical solutions for the projects.
Ideal candidates must have progressive experience in environmental consulting, a working knowledge of federal regulations, an in-depth knowledge of Texas regulations, financial management, and the ability to provide high-end technical support on complex projects. As a technical resource and role model, this leadership position requires an excellent attitude and an ability to communicate effectively with clients, regulators, and junior staff.
- Design, planning, oversight of large, complex remediation / land repurposing projects in industrial facilities
- Field engineering during construction of SWMU closure
- Remedial alternatives analysis
- Evaluation, design and construction of engineering controls for capping and containment of SWMUs
- Pilot testing, design, install, O&M, and optimization
- Evaluation and design of ISCO injections and other in-situ remedial technologies
- Evaluation of sites for Monitored Natural Attenuation / NSZD
- Preparation of technical specifications and design packages for bidding and construction
- Support preparation of permits
- Planning and execution of projects effectively and efficiently using appropriate tools such as project management plans, kickoff meetings, resource planning, schedules, and periodic team project meetings.
- Understands financial management concepts and uses the right tools to manage budgets.
- Effectively prepares scopes and fees for new or additional work with appropriate staffing, rates or billing structure, and target multiplier.
- Degree in Engineering and Texas PE required.
- Experienced in the management of large assessment and remediation projects.
- Must have experience with the preparation of project scopes and design / analysis of remedial alternatives.
- 5- 10 years of project related experience and knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations in Texas required.
- Must have progressive technical experience within environmental consulting, experience must specifically relate environmental assessment and remediation projects.
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.