Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder is seeking to add, talented Air Quality Specialist to our growing Salt Lake City, Utah office. Under supervision, the successful candidate will work on a variety of interesting technical projects for clients in the manufacturing, commercial, chemical, mining, solid waste and energy sectors throughout Utah and neighboring states. The ideal candidate will be eager to learn and apply new skills, be detail-oriented, enjoy working in a supported team environment and have a desire for unlimited professional growth.
The primary role of this position is to provide environmental and engineering technical support for various aspects of air quality permitting and compliance programs including:
- Preparation of emission inventories and quantification of air pollutant emissions and impacts using dispersion modeling
- Permit application development including NSR and Title V in Utah and surrounding states
- Assessment of regulatory compliance, and perform regulatory applicability evaluations
- Provide attention to detail when making technical evaluations, authoring and reviewing reports or writing proposals
The applicant should have some consulting experience involving interaction with clients and regulatory agencies. The applicant will be responsible to perform multiple tasks within scope/schedule/budget expectations and ensure quality standards on project deliverables. This position will progress to Project Task Leader or Project Manager. The applicant will be expected to collaborate with other Kleinfelder practitioners to execute air quality projects, including participating on teams comprised of air quality and other environmental professionals from multiple offices across the organization.
Minimum qualifications required:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering, science, or related discipline
- 2-4 years of experience in air quality permitting and environmental compliance
- Proficiency in Microsoft programs including Word and Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong understanding of air emissions and emission reporting processes and minor source permitting
- Working knowledge of Federal NSPS and NESHAP and various State air quality regulations
- Database and some GIS skills
- Ability to assist with field work and local travel (minimal)
Preferred qualifications / experience:
- Candidates with consulting experience in air quality permitting, dispersion modeling, emission inventories, (minor, major and Title V) air quality permits and compliance reporting, is plus.
- Air quality permitting and compliance-related work for municipal solid waste landfill clients
- Greenhouse gas reporting &/or regulations
- NEPA air quality analyses
- Environmental compliance auditing
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.